MoCA L.I.ghts Call for Artists NIGHT VISIONS POP-UP PROJECTED GALLERY
September 3 @ 8:00 am - September 30 @ 11:30 pmFree
MOCA L.I.GHTS® 2021 | NIGHT VISIONS POP-UP PROJECTION GALLERY
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | WORK IN ALL MEDIA INCLUDING VIDEO, ANIMATION, GIFS & DIGITAL WORKS
As the days get shorter and darker the Village of Patchogue will begin to glow again, transforming the downtown into an open air museum as the Patchogue Arts Council presents MoCA L.I.ghts 2021. This program includes a series of compelling, site-specific artist-designed light works that include projection, video, animation, and gifs. Installations will take place on the
facades of various architecture, the Patchogue Theatre marquee, and our pop-up projected galleries. A live broadcast of MoCA L.I. events will take place on social media!
NIGHT VISIONS | pop-up projected gallery screens will be placed in various locations throughout the Village of Patchogue creating an immersive art gallery experience for the community. Works by selected artists will be projected and screened at selected downtown locations including Roe Walkway Plaza & The Better Man Distilling Co.!This exhibit will take place during the peak of MoCA L.I.ghts activities October 14 – 17, 2021, each night from 6:00 – 11:00 PM.
Artists working in any media are welcome to submit works for consideration.
Please note, works chosen will be projected – physical works are NOT shown for this projected exhibit.
• Submissions due September 30, 2021.
• Artists will be notified through email no later than October 5, 2021.
• Subject line must include: NightVisions21_YourName
• Email your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org | Only submissions to this email address will be considered.
Email Submission Guidelines
• Artists can submit up to three works for consideration in the appropriate format. You can submit work in any medium. All works are projected for the final exhibit. Physical works are not shown.
• Acceptable formats include; jpeg, pdf, gif, mov, mp3, and mp4. (works with sound are ok)
• Please submit no more than 3 works (max) representative of your work using the following specifications.
• All files should be labeled with your name and title of work. Ex: Yourname_titleofwork.jpg
• All artists must include the following: Bio & Artist statement.
• Submissions that do not follow ALL of the above guidelines will not be considered.
• Only digital submissions sent by end of day September 30, 2021, will be considered.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.