MoCA L.I.ghts Call for Artists LIGHTS ON MoCA L.I.
September 3 @ 8:00 am - September 30 @ 11:30 pmFree
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | WORK IN ALL MEDIA INCLUDING SHORT VIDEO, ANIMATION, GIFS & DIGITAL WORKS
LIGHTS ON MOCA
One of our favorite locations for MoCA L.I.ghts, is our very own facade. For 2021 the facade of PAC • MoCA L.I. will be dedicated to the artists we serve! Submit your work for possible inclusion in a special projection LIGHTS ON MoCA L.I. When submitting your work keep in mind the facade is a long, thin vertical composition. Works may be cropped. By submitting your work for possible inclusion you are giving PAC the right to crop the work as needed for the projection. You can see a visual example in the image above.
As the days get shorter and darker the Village of Patchogue will begin to glow again, transforming the downtown into an open air museum as the Patchogue Arts Council presents MoCA L.I.ghts 2021. This program includes a series of compelling, site-specific artist-designed light works that include projection, video, animation, and gifs. Installations will take place on the
facades of various architecture, the Patchogue Theatre marquee, and our pop-up projected galleries. A live broadcast of MoCA L.I. events will take place on social media!
LIGHTS ON MoCA L.I. | A rotating series of works will be curated from an international open call. This exhibit will take place during the peak of MoCA L.I.ghts activities, October 14 – 17, 2021, each night from 6:00 – 11:00 PM.
Artists working in any media are welcome to submit works for consideration.
Please note, works chosen will be projected – physical works are NOT shown for this projected exhibit.
• Submissions due September 30, 2021.
• Artists will be notified through email no later than October 5, 2021.
• Subject line must include: ProjectionsOnPAC_YourName
• Email your submissions to: email@example.com | Only submissions to this email address will be considered.
Email Submission Guidelines
• Artists can submit up to three works for consideration in the appropriate format. You can submit work in any medium. All works are projected for the final exhibit. Physical works are not shown.
• Acceptable formats include; jpeg, pdf, gif, mov, mp3, and mp4. (works with sound are ok)
• ONLY submit works with a vertical orientation. See pictures above for a visual example of works that are applied to the projection.
Please submit no more than 3 works (max) representative of your work using the following specifications.
• All files should be labeled with your name and title of work. Ex: Yourname_titleofwork.jpg
• All artists must include the following: Bio & Artist statement.
• Submissions that do not follow ALL of the above guidelines will not be considered.
• Only digital submissions sent by end of day September 30, 2021, will be considered.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.